Pigeon Forge, Tennessee is one of the country’s top summer vacation destinations, and it’s easy to see why! Located in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, Pigeon Forge offers the perfect mix of natural beauty and family entertainment. To help you make the most of your trip, we have put together four tips for a wonderful summer getaway at our Pigeon Forge Tennessee hotel.
1. Spend Plenty of Time at the Pool
Summer afternoons in Pigeon Forge can get pretty warm, so we suggest cooling off at the Oak Tree Lodge’s private swimming pool. Featuring a waterslide and a special wet and wild playground area, our pool is guaranteed to be a hit with your children. Parents will love kicking back with a good book, or jumping in the water to have fun with the kids. If the weather is less than ideal, our hotel also has a wonderful indoor pool that guests can take advantage of.
2. Visit the Area’s Best Outdoor Attractions for Free
Summer is the perfect time for outdoor adventures! When you stay at our Pigeon Forge Tennessee hotel, you’ll get free and discounted tickets to some of the area’s best attractions. Here are some of the outdoor activities you can enjoy during your getaway:
- A $1 game of mini-golf at Old MacDonald’s Farm Mini-Golf, which is located right across the street from our hotel.
- A free go-kart ride at SpeedZone Fun Park.
- A Buy One Get One Free deal for Adventure Park Ziplines, Adventure Tree Tops Ropes Course, and Five Oaks Riding Stables. These exhilarating attractions are all right next door to the Oak Tree Lodge!
3. Enjoy Nature in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
No summer vacation in Pigeon Forge is complete without a trip to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park! As the most visited national park in the United States, the GSMNP truly offers something for everyone. Hikers will find over 800 miles of trails to enjoy. With everything from hikes that are less than a mile to 15 mile treks, you are sure to find a trail that is right for you. In addition to hiking, visitors to the park can enjoy fishing in all 2,900 miles of the park’s streams, dozens of beautiful picnic areas, and some of the country’s most scenic drives.
4. Check Out All of the Special Seasonal Events in Town
Summer brings a number of excellent events to Pigeon Forge. Be sure to find out what will be going on in the area during your visit! Here is a quick look at some of the season’s major events:
- Pontiacs in Pigeon Forge Classic Car Show (early June)
- Patriot Festival – Free Music and Fireworks (July 4th)
- Stringtime in the Smokies – Free Bluegrass Festival (early August)
- Great Smoky Mountain Jeep Invasion (late August)
To start planning your vacation, check out our complete selection of Pigeon Forge Tennessee hotel rooms. If you have any questions about the Oak Tree Lodge, or would like a room recommendation, don’t hesitate to give our friendly staff a call today!