3 Steps for Planning the Perfect Thanksgiving at Our Pigeon Forge Hotel
The Great Smoky Mountains are the ideal spot for a Thanksgiving getaway! With gorgeous autumn weather, great local restaurants, and so much to see and do, Pigeon Forge is an extremely popular holiday vacation destination. Planning the perfect Thanksgiving at the Oak Tree Lodge isn’t hard when you follow these three easy steps:
1. Invite your family members.
The first step for planning your Thanksgiving at our Pigeon Forge hotel is inviting all of your family members. The Great Smoky Mountains are just a day’s drive from more than 60% of the nation’s population, making our hotel a convenient meeting place for everyone in your clan. Here is a quick look at how long it takes to get to Pigeon Forge from some of America’s biggest cities:
- Cherokee, NC – 1 hour
- Asheville, NC – about 2 hours
- Greenville, SC – about 3 hours
- Atlanta, GA – about 4 hours
- Louisville, KY – 4 hours and 45 minutes
- Cincinnati, OH – about 5 hours
- Montgomery, AL – about 6 hours
- Indianapolis, IN – 6 hours and 30 minutes
- Chicago, IL – 9 hours and 25 minutes
- Orlando, FL – 10 hours and 20 minutes
Pigeon Forge is also only an hour from McGhee Tyson Airport in Alcoa, TN, so even family members who live too far to drive can easily make their way to your Thanksgiving gathering.
2. Book your rooms at the Oak Tree Lodge.
Once you have a definite headcount for who will be coming to Thanksgiving in Pigeon Forge, it’s time to book your rooms! The Oak Tree Lodge offers a wide variety of rooms and suites to choose from. Here is a quick overview of your options:
- Standard – 2 queen beds, balcony
- Deluxe Standard – 2 queen beds, balcony, oversized room, interior corridor
- Deluxe Standard No Balcony – 2 queen beds, oversized room, interior corridor
- Deluxe King – 1 king bed, sleeper sofa, balcony, fireplace, Jacuzzi, interior corridor
- King Jacuzzi Fireplace- 1 king bed, sofa, balcony, fireplace, Jacuzzi
- King Jacuzzi – 1 king bed, sofa, balcony, Jacuzzi
- Family Suite – 2 queen beds, sleeper sofa, balcony, fireplace, Jacuzzi, living room, full kitchen
The Oak Tree Lodge also offers a collection of handicap rooms that are specially designed for easy wheelchair access. All of our rooms feature refrigerators, microwaves, ironing boards, coffee makers, and free wireless internet. For more information, check out our Pigeon Forge Hotel Rooms page.
3. Make reservations at one of the excellent Pigeon Forge restaurants open on Thanksgiving.
One of the best parts of having Thanksgiving away from home is that you don’t have to worry about cooking! When you spend your holiday in Pigeon Forge, you can let professional chefs handle all the heavy lifting. Here are some of the area’s most popular restaurants for a Thanksgiving feast:
- Holston’s Kitchen
- Alamo Steakhouse
- Bennett’s Pit Bar-B-Que
- Hard Rock Cafe
- Iron Boar Saloon
- J.T. Hannah’s Kitchen
- Mama’s Farmhouse
- Old Mill Restaurant
- Smoky Mountain Brewery
- Blaine’s Grill & Bar
- Seasons of Ober Loft & Lounge
- The Melting Pot
- The Park Grill
- Three Jimmy’s
Looking for something fun to do after your big meal? Check out our Free Pigeon Forge Attraction Tickets page to learn how you can get complimentary passes to some of the area’s best shows and attractions!